Frivolous Illusions

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Reality hurts

NH-7.The milestone said as I watched the sky converge seamlessly into the misty hills flowing along the sidelines. The rain clouds gathered up ahead, seemingly burdened by their present lives, awaiting a long-sought transmigration. The first drops of rain made a safe-landing on my cheek. Tiny driblets dutifully guided by the monsoon breeze, blowing right across the wide window(less?)-spaces typical of the TNRDC buses, as if it were a prerogative. It was one of those 'Master-card' moments when imagination takes over the reins. An unwitting click on the Ipod and the music from the Koss headphones starts flooding my senses. Invariably, yet again, I begin to spawn my wonderland, in detail, with that special someone.
Saanson Ko Saanson Mein Dalne Do Zara
Bahon Mein Humko Pighalne Do Zara
Lamho Ki Guzarish Hai Yeh Paas Aa Jaaye
Hum… Hum Tum...Tumm...OUCHHH freaking **** of a bus-driver!!! An almost bloody nose, a ruined dream-sequence and a dented perspective (my new glasses :(..) - all these for the sake of maintaining a low mortality-rate of dogs on highways? Reality hurts, indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home