Frivolous Illusions

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Memoirs from a lonely world


The night whisks away , contritely, unable to sustain the glory of the unforbearing sun.I wake up in the middle of an hour i fail to fathom, in a beautiful prison called sioux falls.The relentless ringing of a lone church-bell beckoning the day entails reality of the present . I drag myself out of the comforter , in deep discontent at having missed the finale of a fabulous reverie, my only uninhibited recourse in an otherwise beleaguered existence. Moving slowly, without purpose , unable to come to terms with the abrupt transcience to an unforgiving world,i look through the emptiness,within and around me. The sight of the laptop lying in the corner enamours me with the warmth of hope, on yet another cold monday morning. I stand motionless, staring at the powerful animal, stuck in a moment of predicament, in a long drawn altercation between the heart and the brain .I give in, with empathy for the meeker . My eyes gaze wide open in anxiety , the disconcerting brightness of the screen in the wee hours of the morning notwithstanding , for that special name in an aggregation of assorted mails. And then it hits me like a chill breeze on a cold winter night, my heart begins to sink , one more time, as the sun rises in pride to announce the dawn of a new day, a new world order - my insecure heart has no choice but to surrender and live by. To do some justice to waking the poor machine, I play the first playlist that grabs my attention . And almost as a lack of a choice, I hit the bath.








1 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you had better write a book or something. Delicious imagination and language.what's that in the last two lines ? Seems like tamil .Continue blogging and hope your heart stays afloat :).
    -Harshi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home